Saturday 13 June 2009

Summer Word Search with a Twist


Summer holidays are upon us already here in Illinois and with them come the inevitable words: I'm bored. To give my girls credit, they have fantastic imaginations that keep them easily entertained for hours. But then comes a lull when they either run out of ideas or can't agree on one. That's when they come looking for me. "Mommm-my?"

I am happy to say that one day this week I was prepared. Using my word processing software I'd made a grid and created a word search based on one of their favorite stories, Purple, Green and Yellow by Robert Munsch.

Once they'd solved it, I handed them a blank grid of their own. It was time for them to make a word search for me and the Captain. Needless to say, I think they enjoyed this task better. Here are some of their creations:

Now it's my turn to make new word searches for them. Speaking of which, I'd better get to work.

If you would like to join in the fun, download a grid here or make your own. Keep in mind that words written horizontally left-to-right are the easiest, then vertically top-to-bottom. Save diagonals and reverse spellings for strong readers. Most of all, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment